From the book Show Me How ©2009
If you know me at all, you'd know that I'm no fitness junkie...far from it. But when my good friend Lucinda started a running program with her husband Phil, it was the encouragement I needed to start exercising. The Running Routine is mainly to boost endurance and to train for long distance running. But I wanted to do something that will get me moving and a program that works on progression seems like a good idea.
The hardest part of exercising, I believe, is getting started. I always have an excuse: It's too cold outside. I think I'm coming down with a cold. I'm too tired. I'm too busy. But I don't know what happened last Sunday, I just decided to do it. I also thought having a blog would be a good way to keep me accountable.
When I read Week 1 Day 1's program, I scoffed and thought: "Pfffft, that's easy!". I wouldn't have a problem at all! But after four repetitions, I was starting to get out of breath and struggling to run for a whole minute. I started to jog slower and walk slower. By the time I completed all 8 repetitions, I was tired and energised at the same time.
I started to shed all my layers and realised that for the first time in a long time, I was sweating!
Actually looking forward to Session 2!

No comments:
Post a Comment