Sunday, 8 January 2012

Play: Falafels from leftovers

My favourite memory of eating falafels was found in Egypt. I went for over two weeks visiting the great Pyramids of Giza, the street markets of Cairo, Luxor and of course, the River Nile. Every morning, our little group would have the most amazing falafels for breakfast...

This week, my husband left me for a study tour in China. And my little lonely self was feeling particularly bored. After scouring the contents of my fridge, I realised I wasn't left with much except for the following ingredients: parsley, garlic, greek yogurt (from our tandoori chicken night), half a lemon and a can of chickpeas in the cabinet ( I love making my own hummus).

After a quick google search, I realised that I wasn't far off from having all of the falafel ingredients! After a little dicing and mixing, this is what I came up with, with greek yogurt, garlic and lemon dip on the side. 



 

No comments: